Monday 27 January 2014

Happy Australia Day everyone!
Thanks to Cricket Victoria who organise Junior T20 cricket, I was invited to the Stars versus Scorchers match today at the MCG. We were taken out onto the ground and was given a Stars hat. My player Mohammad Hafeez didn't know he was supposed to sign the hat so the guys from Cricket Victoria took my hat down to the bench and got Viv Richards, Rob Quiney and the water boy Andy Lee to all sign it. My parents were very excited because they are BIG fans of Viv Richards. AND Adam Gilchrist gave me an autograph - he was really nice.

I got to stand out on the MCG and do some warm ups and exercises. Hopefully next time I am out there I will be playing for a team! (Either Melbourne Stars, Carlton Blues or Australia). Thanks for a great day Cricket Victoria!

Thanks Uncle Mike for the cool runners!

The Stars finished the season unbeaten going into the finals. Hodge batted well making 61. There weren't many sixes unfortunately because I was ready in the crowd to catch one! We play the Hurricanes this week in the semi-finals, and because we finished top of the ladder we get a home final at the MCG. The other semi-final is Perth Scorchers versus Sydney Sixes at the SCG.

In the Australian Open Li Na won the Women's Championship, and in a big upset Wawrinka won the Men's Championship. Well done to both of you!





No comments:

Post a Comment